Ways To Get InvolvedIn Your State and Community
You may be wondering, “Where’s the best place to start, if I want to get more involved locally?”
Focus on the Family highly recommends connecting with your state’s Family Policy Council (FPC). Each policy council operates independently of Focus, as well as of each other; however, this unique network of FPCs share a core belief in God’s design for life, marriage and sexuality. There are more than 40 FPCs nationwide, who work tirelessly in their respective states to:
- Shape public debate on issues impacting your family, your faith and your freedoms;
- Work with state legislators, local elected officials and community leaders to champion pro-family, pro-freedom policies;
- Engage in local campaigns to help educate citizens about policies, which will impact families; and
- Stand with the faith-based communities to preserve religious freedom, as well as the sanctity of life, marriage and sexuality.
Furthermore, your FPC is intimately aware of your state’s unique challenges and can be your best advocate locally. Here are just a few ways they can help you:
- Provide you with content and materials to answer questions unique to your situation;
- Work with you to make your voice heard — whether it’s at the local school board, the city council or the state Legislature;
- Plug you into areas of interest and/or need;
- Equip you to impact your community; and
- So much more!
Since each council is a nonprofit and independently operated, here are some ways to help them. You can give of your:
- TIME: Volunteer to help them with special events or on a regular basis; and
- TALENT: Offer up your gifts and abilities to help serve them (e.g., administration, hospitality, etc.);
- TREASURE: Donate to their operating costs or to specific events.
It’s a “win-win” situation! Here’s how to contact your state Family Policy Council:
Find Your Family Policy Council
TX: Texas Values